Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Picture Says A Thousand Words

Normally I would agree with the title of this post; however, when I googled "Umbrella Feet" today (expecting nothing to show up), the picture you now see in your top right-hand corner, left me speechless.

I can't quite describe how I feel about it---it makes me smile, cock my head a little, and wonder if it's a bit too scandalous for my liking. :) Perhaps this portrait is, and will continue to be representative of the writing it sits beside . . .

3 comments:

  1. Hey Helen!

    I hate to be the only person who's commented on your blog so far . . . so, sorry about that.

    But I couldn't resist. I just finished reading chapter 26 and I had to wonder: should we be calling your blog 'the story club'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Nice one, John! I like it. "The story club" can be the unofficial title . . . the one we toss out casually in large groups of people in order to create a cult following. :)

    I'm a little sad about the slow response, but, the less people that respond, the greater the potential, right? Am I right? Please tell me I'm right. Hehe.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that you're already doing better than I was when I started my blog; in my first few dozen posts the only person who spoke more than once was JV . . . and I think he spoke three or four times. But now I get more comments than I know what to do with, that's what! It takes some time. People just want to know you're serious enough to keep it going, I think.

    By the way, did you notice that I tried (and perhaps failed) to answer your question about hermeneutical posture on my blog? It's drawn out quite a bit of conversation already, which I'm happy about. (It's such a joy to receive comments, that's what!) Except for the anonymous one that I'm thinking might be my pastor from back home . . . whoops . . .

    And, I like the unofficial title idea. 'The story club' it is. :)

    ReplyDelete